Jona: ok, want to start this discussion because our color motif has been the source of confusion for a lot of people including me. so, if you were to describe plum, what would it be? is it strictly similar to the fruit? but the fruit looks different depending on its ripeness. does it only become plum when it is very ripe already? i have a week-old plum here and man, it's more black than anything. . . maybe i need to throw it out. . . or feed it to paul. . .
anyhow, back to the original question. WHAT IS PLUM?
Paul: Personally I think it becomes plum when it roughly matches the color of my crayola crayon set I vaguely remember from childhood. Actually, it probably wasn't a crayola set but some off-brand, so maybe it is a poor benchmark, I don't know. I do know that if you go too early in ripeness "plum" looks remarkably green, and if you go too late they taste bad. Oh well.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
here's what you can do guys.. go to a shop and look for a swatch and right there and then define plum.. you can just send it to people and have them settle on the color definition you chose.
Post a Comment