Monday, June 9, 2008

the art of over-compensating

so i feel sucky. ibuprofen makes things hurt less for a while then pain kicks in again after 4 hours. cycle repeats. can't even eat rice properly because it gets caught in little crevices. chips are a no-no. nothing crunchy. or hot (i.e. coffee!). so things are not all peachy, you get the picture. so what do i do? I over-compensate! I surround myself with happy, pretty, and more often than not, yummy things.

for example,peonies! from the flowers market! aren't they the prettiest flowers ever! and they smell awesome too!

then there's also these

best choco-chip cookie recipe ever! also one of the simplest. oh so soft and chocolate-y. this is not the only chocolate-y thing I treated myself to either. I figured the dental situation was the best excuse to try out this really simple chocolate pudding recipe. soooooo good! but it just doesn't photograph well so I didn't bother =)

I also discovered that I could eat cake pretty easily so I made these this afternoon.
they're blueberry (and some strawberry) ricotta cheese cupcakes. They also have almonds and all sorts of fun stuff. I haven't frosted them yet with cream cheese frosting that I also made this afternoon. those gooey red stuff came from these bunch of beauties, also from the farmer's market
and finally what would I do without. . .

my kitchenaid mixer, i mean, my husband! well ok, both, but mostly the mixer, er i mean, my husband. . . do i really need to choose?!?

so 2 entries in as many days eh. this could be a sign of good things to come. . . to my blog.

3 comments:

sharyl said...

YOU HAVE A KITCHENAID MIXER??? I'M JEALOUS!!! We still need to move into a bigger house with a bigger kitchen in order to have one around...

anyway, ice pack helps a lot with the swelling. and ice cream helps a lot too! hope u feel better soon!

jona said...

I know! Ain't she pretty? We pooled the target gcs we got and voila! a mixer! People are so generous =)

swelling's gone down thankfully, all I really have to deal with now are the annoying sutures. . .

Aissa said...

wow cool.. baking galore! me.. I haven't put my oven to good use in over a month.. I should be baking soon! send over ur recipes!